Poll
Nick Danger
2012-01-27 14:28:32 UTC
When having a cold drink with ice (in particular water, but any liquid in
general) do you prefer your ice to be crushed or cubed?

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
nigglybits-digest-***@public.gmane.org
nigglybits-fullfeatured-***@public.gmane.org

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Anye Mercy
2012-01-27 14:31:10 UTC
With water, I don't care, because melting ice doesn't change the flavor
profile of the drink.

With anything else, cubed. The reason for this is that cubed ice has less
surface area to contact the warmer liquid so it melts more slowly and I
have a better chance of finishing the drink before it's diluted to
tastelessness.
**
--
Anye Mercy
anye.mercy-***@public.gmane.org

Josh Bluestein
2012-01-27 14:36:46 UTC
I used to like crushed ice, because I liked being able to take the little
pieces of ice into my mouth and suck on them.

Now I prefer cubes (or no ice), because I don't like taking pieces of ice
into my mouth and sucking on them.

Josh
**

gee barger
2012-01-27 14:39:10 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
When having a cold drink with ice (in particular water, but any liquid in
general) do you prefer your ice to be crushed or cubed?
It's all about the sweetness. (TwSs)

If it's something rum based, I definitely prefer crushed ice.

In a gin and tonic, I prefer cubes.

Manhattans should always be served neat, no matter how many times my
friends order them on the rocks.

In the summer, bourbon is acceptable to drink with a cube of ice.

Matthew Frederick
2012-01-28 06:37:29 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
When having a cold drink with ice (in particular water, but any liquid in
general) do you prefer your ice to be crushed or cubed?
Depends a lot on the circumstance and my consumption plans (in
addition to the actual drink, as others have suggested).

If my drink will be in a hot place -- say, outside in Phoenix in the
summer -- and I want to drink it quickly, I go with crushed ice
because it will cool the drink faster and keep it cooled faster due to
a lot more ice surface area. If I know I'll drink it slowly then I'll
go with cubed because though it won't keep the drink as cool, it will
stay quite cool for a longer time.

If my drink will be in a cool place then cubes, as there's no need to
water it down more quickly.

Mind you, I pretty much drink only water and iced tea, so the
fast-melting ice in the hot place doesn't harm the flavor to speak of.

David Mitchell
2012-01-28 15:03:22 UTC
Whisky and Coke poured slowly over cubes then drank quickly is the best home after work drink. The second glass will last awhile.

Now let me drink mine in peace.

rob.wood-xOqKmqBdiMhF6kxbq+
2012-01-28 17:27:46 UTC
I have to disagree. A good malt whiskey served over wisky stones is the perfect after work relaxant.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Jonathan Franklin
2012-01-28 17:31:30 UTC
generally cubed, but I recently saw something that had been around ages,
whiskey stones.

For many drinks, I really like the idea of them. Now where can I find some
d12 Whiskey stones?

- JF
**

Jonathan Franklin
2012-01-28 17:31:41 UTC
http://www.amazon.com/Sparq-pack-Whiskey-Coffee-Stones/dp/B006JNXCMA

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Jonathan Franklin <
Post by Jonathan Franklin
generally cubed, but I recently saw something that had been around ages,
whiskey stones.
For many drinks, I really like the idea of them. Now where can I find
some d12 Whiskey stones?
- JF
**

Jonathan Franklin