[nigglybits] BGG Game Page Redesign
Bobby Warren bobby4th@gmail.com [nigglybits]
2016-04-21 07:21:04 UTC
Any thoughts on the page design for games on Le Geek?

The things I have the least interest in are first up (Geekmarket and
videos) and the stuff I use the most is at the bottom (forums and files).
It's like new Coke meets Microsoft and they agree with AMC that everyone
should text during movies.

--
Games played during *April 2016**:*
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/52549
Bobby's BGG Blog: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/26
Nick Danger trocergian@gmail.com [nigglybits]
2016-04-21 11:34:20 UTC
The look is more pleasing to my eye, but sends my muscle memory into spasms.

In general I like change so even though it currently takes more thought
when looking for something in particular I'm still in favor. Then again I'm
one of these people that often moves furniture around just so something is
different.
Dave Vander Ark db.vanderark@gmail.com [nigglybits]
2016-04-22 01:50:06 UTC
Not the first time BGG has redesigned pages. Nobody remembers that? Proof
that we'll adjust to this.

Key for me is that they FINALLY changed the term "mechanic" to the more
grammatically and meaningfully correct "mechanism."

I commented on this to Derk and Aldie when the first versions of the Geek
were previewed. It took, what, 12 years for them to finally get it right?
It will take at least another 12 years for gamers to figure out that
"mechanics" are people who work on things, and "mechanisms" are the way
things work. (Actually, I think we're stuck with this mistake forever, no
matter that the Geek is finally using the correct term)

Dave