If a designer...
Bobby Warren
2003-08-25 17:15:33 UTC
Would you buy a game by a designer when your Board Game Geek
correlation to that person is a -0.13? It's pretty obvious that you
and he don't see eye-to-eye...

(No, it's not Stephen Glenn and I who have a correlation of 0.59 --
he's my number two man...)
mrhaleon
2003-08-25 17:23:08 UTC
Post by Bobby Warren
Would you buy a game by a designer when your Board Game Geek
correlation to that person is a -0.13? It's pretty obvious that you
and he don't see eye-to-eye...
(No, it's not Stephen Glenn and I who have a correlation of 0.59 --
he's my number two man...)
I think I've heard a few designers say that they've designed plenty
of games that are not of a type that they themselves play often, and
I KNOW I've heard many say that they design games that they
themselves are not any GOOD at ;)

--Campbell
Frank Branham

Nick Danger
2003-08-25 18:35:52 UTC
<Subject: If a designer...>
Post by Frank Branham
My best game designer match is with Friedemann Friese.
Last time I ran a check he was the worst designer match for me and the
second worse match overall!

BTW - To jump threads, the best hamburger and/or hotdog condiment is
chow-chow. End of debate.

For that matter, it's the best thing to add to eggs, tunafish, potato
salad, sandwiches, steaks, pizza, mexican food, sausage.... pretty
much any food can be made better with chow-chow.
--
ò.ó Nick
Danger
Bobby Warren
2003-08-25 18:48:05 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
Post by Frank Branham
My best game designer match is with Friedemann Friese.
Last time I ran a check he was the worst designer match for me and
the second worse match overall!
Yup, that's where he is on my list. Happily for Angela, I
bought 'Fresh Fish' because of the positive talk. Just because
Friedemann Friese has terrible tasts in games doesn't mean I'll hate
something he has designed. [emoticon deleted, but sorely needed]
g***@public.gmane.org
2003-08-25 18:42:13 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
BTW - To jump threads, the best hamburger and/or hotdog condiment is
chow-chow. End of debate.
My wife's step-grandpa made some EVIL green chow-chow that could retool your intestines. Of course, he was a Texan.

Fluff Daddy
Bobby Warren

What the heck is chow-chow? Pooch food?
Nick Danger
2003-08-25 19:15:06 UTC
Post by Bobby Warren
What the heck is chow-chow? Pooch food?
Just to give you a "taste":
http://www.texasbob.com/krecipe12.html

That one covers most the basics, but there are as many chow-chow
recipes as there are barbecue recipes. Never turn down a chance to
taste test a batch.
--
ò.ó Nick
Danger
Tami
2003-08-25 19:24:10 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
Post by Bobby Warren
What the heck is chow-chow? Pooch food?
http://www.texasbob.com/krecipe12.html
Alternatively, you could just grind up a Chow (dog) and serve that on
hot dogs... Chow chow.

Probably better with chili on it, though.

Tami
CoCo the Wonder Monkey
2003-08-25 19:35:55 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
Post by Bobby Warren
What the heck is chow-chow? Pooch food?
http://www.texasbob.com/krecipe12.html
That one covers most the basics, but there are as many chow-chow
recipes as there are barbecue recipes. Never turn down a chance to
taste test a batch.
hmmm. see, here's what's funny, in the western part of NC, near and in
the blue ridge mountains, we also use the term chow-chow. in the
eastern part of the state, they have no concept of the creation, save
for a small little hot dog stand called "Paul's Place". The original
Paul (the store is now owned by i think Paul, Jr.) needed something
during WWI to stretch out his meat ration. so he opted to discontinue
his chili, and start serving his "special relish" which was basically a
mild chow chow that tasted not very much unlike chili.

-gee
Bobby Warren
2003-08-25 20:16:30 UTC
Post by Nick Danger
http://www.texasbob.com/krecipe12.html
That one covers most the basics, but there are as many chow-chow
recipes as there are barbecue recipes. Never turn down a chance to
taste test a batch.
I'm not a fan of onions and mixing them with apples is wrong in just
so many ways...
Nick Danger
2003-08-25 18:55:28 UTC
Post by g***@public.gmane.org
My wife's step-grandpa made some EVIL green chow-chow that could
retool your intestines. Of course, he was a Texan.
Cut it out, you're making my mouth water and I'm down to my last jar.

Condiment or laxative? The research continues....
--
ò.ó Nick
Danger
Michael Chapel
2003-08-25 20:02:32 UTC
Post by g***@public.gmane.org
Post by Nick Danger
BTW - To jump threads, the best hamburger and/or hotdog condiment is
chow-chow. End of debate.
My wife's step-grandpa made some EVIL green chow-chow that could
retool your intestines. Of course, he was a Texan.
Post by g***@public.gmane.org
Fluff Daddy
I live in texas, but am an original New Mexican, and if your really
want to clean your pipes, then you need to put Hatch Green Chili on
your burgers. Get it roasted in october, its when they're the
hottest. They will literally burn you a new one....

Mike C.
Frank Witt
2003-08-26 18:09:39 UTC
best use for chow chow that I have found is mixed in with my southern style collard greens that even a nice jewish girl loves enough to stop what she was doing and go to the store (I know sacreligous to the chow chow obsessed) and buy some just to go with the greens for dinner.

Frank, not the moo

g***@public.gmane.org
2003-08-25 20:26:49 UTC
Post by Frank Branham
Go figure. My best game designer match is with Friedemann Friese.
Admittedly, my second best match is .46 with somebody named Mark
Jackson.
We scare me.

Actually, YOU are my best designer match, Frank.

Again, we scare me.

Fluff Daddy
Frank Branham
2003-08-25 20:38:30 UTC
Post by g***@public.gmane.org
Post by Frank Branham
Go figure. My best game designer match is with Friedemann Friese.
Admittedly, my second best match is .46 with somebody named Mark
Jackson.
We scare me.
Actually, YOU are my best designer match, Frank.
Again, we scare me.
Well, technically, I'm by best designer match has well, and I get one
of the highest match scores with my best designer with a nice perfect
1. Which is probably for the best since my next best is .49.

Moo
g***@public.gmane.org
2003-08-25 21:21:48 UTC
Post by Frank Branham
Well, technically, I'm by best designer match has well, and I get one
of the highest match scores with my best designer with a nice perfect
1. Which is probably for the best since my next best is .49.
Larry Welborn & I top out somewhere in the .6's - our 3 star date has Battle Cry & Bohnanza on the menu, which sounds just fine to me.

Of course, TECHNICALLY, I'm my best match as well - except that I know what a trash-talker I am and can't stand to play with me.

Fluff Daddy